Saturday, June 23, 2012

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Hello new families and welcome to our classroom blog. This is a place where you will be able to find out important school dates that directly affect your child, see what is happening in the classroom through descriptions and pictures, and find links for classroom sign ups and websites for the children. You can view this blog on your mobile devices as well so communication is but a touch away. And yes, we will have a classroom Twitter account for those daily updates and back and forth 140 character conversations! As the year progresses you will be able to view your child's learning in various formats all connected to this blog. 

Until all that begins in September the blog will serve as a way for your child to get to know me, my family, pets, and how I like to spend my time. Building relationships is so very important and essential to your child's success. Blogging is a 2 way street so please help your child comment on what they see and learn about me in each post.

Let's start with the picture at the top of the blog . . . any idea where this might be? There are lots of hints all over the picture!! Comment and let me know what you are thinking.

Follow by email, on the right hand sidebar, will ensure you don't miss a post or waste time checking in needlessly.

11 comments:

S said...

Thanks for this communication tool - we're looking forward to getting to know you and all the classmates and families! - Natashka and Susan

Amy Yandow said...

Mackenzie says your in the woods. :-)

Sarah Read said...

Eli says "Those are mountains and trees. Are there any trains in those mountains? Is Ms. Rogers going to tell us where these mountains are?"

Julie said...

Here are some clues . . . notice the "ski trails" and this mountain is the tallest one in Vermont.

Julie said...

Right you are Mackenzie! Do you know which mountain in Vermont is the tallest?

Julie said...

I was on a mountain Eli! There were not any trains but there was a gondola that I could have gone up . . . I choose to walk instead!

AndreaM said...

"trees, camels hump, jay peak". Looking forward to lots of great memories this year!

AndreaM said...

We told Ally your clue and she said "smuggs, because I skied a really big hill there". And then she said a minute or so later "Mountain Mansfield" which totally surprised us!

Julie said...

Yeah Ally!! Good job using my clues and for sticking with it. I am very impressed. Now I can tell you all about the great day I had on Mount Mansfield hiking and playing.

Amy said...

Zoey thought it looked like a Christmas tree farm because of all of the trees.

Julie said...

I can see that Zoey! Those would be some really, really big Christmas trees.